MUST-TRY cafes/restaurants in University road, Sharjah.
Gone are the days were people in Sharjah had to drive all the way to Dubai to eat a different cuisine, drink good coffee or just indulge in an acai bowl! If you stay in Sharjah and is a foodie, get up right now and check out these super awesome restaurants in University road!
The below are my top favorites in Univerity road (not numbered in rating)
1. Crafted blends – This restaurant was the second restaurant I tried out on the university road! (The first one was Rabie Al Shay and unfortunately is now shut) Their theme is lunch, dinner and everything in between. The menu ranges from burgers to tacos to milk cakes. I loovvvee their street fries and churros. Always order them when I’m there! I haven’t tried the coffees here. But I enjoy their organic tea, very relaxing.
2. Paperfig – Another cozy restaurant in the area. Buzzing with locals during weekends. Being a part of their bloggers list I discovered their bests dishes! I love their shrimp burger and pasta. They also have a variety of desserts, the brownies are a must try! If youre looking for something instagramable, try the dessert named ‘blossom feast’ – you wont be disappointed!
3. Loranza – Well this restaurant is a very recent find. Loranzo came to my attention when I saw a dessert post put up by a fellow blogger. Pretty interiors, tasty food, instagrammable desserts and amazing service! The spiral potato (starters) and pistachio pasta (main) is my favorite!
4. Zushi – For the sushi lovers in the area. They have a variety of fusion sushi and a few of the classic ones too. Their drinks are very instagramable. I would not compare it with the ones you get in Dubai (obviously). But a very decent option in Sharjah. I have tried sushis from Kuizin and comparing the both i liked Zushi better.
5. Gossip café – A hit among the Arab community in the area for their desserts. Their pistachio milk cake is a must try! Slightly on the costlier side.
6. Storie Café – A place where book lovers and coffee lovers meet. Hearing fantastic reviews about this cafe. Good food, a very good work/study environment and also have a pretty mini library. Their breakfast menu, coffees and acai bowls are highly recommended.
7. Mail Room – Something on the same side as ‘The Living Room’ ( the one in mercato mall) in Sharjah. Interiors of dominant pink color and the theme of Mail room. They have mailboxes, letters and their servers are dressed like from ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ . The menu is priced to the higher side and the food is above average.
Do you guys have any other favorites in the area? Do send your recommendations too! 🙂